ANSWER OF TENSES> ERROR DETECTION AND CORRECTION EXERCISE 1


1. I lived in Tokyo since 2002. > I have been living in Tokyo since 2002.

2. The patient died before the doctor came. > The patient had died before the doctor came.

3. John has written a letter to his father last Tuesday. > John wrote a letter to his father last Tuesday.

4. I am reading Shakespeare for the last two months.> I have been reading Shakespeare for the last two months.

5. He had gone to Chennai last week.> He went to Chennai last week.

6. The train has left half an hour ago.> The train left half an hour ago.

7. I was reading this book for three hours before you arrived.> I had been reading this book for three hours before you arrived.

8. Stephenson has invented the steam engine.> Stephenson invented steam engine.

9. The fair has been over a week ago.> The fair was over a week ago.

10. I left Nepal before the earthquake occurred.> I had left Nepal before the earthquake occurred.

11. She will reach the station before the train will go.> She will have reached the station before the train goes.

12. When I finished my task, I shall take a rest.> When I shall finish my task, I shall take rest.

13. I waited at home for you for more than two hours.> I have been waiting at home for you for more than two hours.

14. He will reach home before the storm will come.> He will have reached home before the storm comes.

15. He had been born in 1955.> He was born in 1955.


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

Wikipedia

Search results